Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Quora Finance 2

More finance question

I am 35 and I haven't achieved much in life. Is it too late?






At age 36, I had a net worth of about $50,000 and was hired as the head of data processing by a Fortune 500 company.  At 38, I was fired.  I had always been envious of those who sat outside my walnut paneled office writing programs for a living, even thought I had never earned a dollar designing or writing computer programs.  I decided that rather than getting on the CIO merry-go-round, I would become a programmer trainee at a greatly reduced income.  Within a few years, I founded a software development company that specialized in building statement systems for major U.S. banks.  My company employed about eight programmers who, according to my design, developed a system that many banks paid my company to install. By my 57th birthday, I was an expert programmer, had an eight-digit net worth, and was retired.  The key ingredient in this success was my ability to become and remain intensely focused and committed.  Get busy!

Read Quote of Michael Vanni's answer to Life: I am 35 and I haven't achieved much in life. Is it too late? on Quora


No comments:

Post a Comment